    Hi David,

> The thread never ends ... even if the connection pool is closed.  If the
> connection pool is closed, then any associated maintenance threads
> should be shutdown.  IMHO, of course.

    I agree with that.  And, as it is, it wouldn't be cleaned up until the
garbage collector ran.  To add to things, I'm pretty sure I saw some time
back that threads may not get garbage collected because ThreadGroup or some
thread manager maintains a reference.  I'm not sure if that's been corrected
or not - or on what version. .

> I've logged a bug in sourceforge for this ... and submitted my patch to
> cleanup the thread when it's supposed to be shutdown.

    All things considered, makes sense to me.

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO       -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?            http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400