   Thanks for the suggestion.

   I've already checked and confirmed that PASE is installed. I am not
   familiar the argument -Dos400.awt.native=true. I will look into this.

   Thanks again,
   Sarah

   Inactive hide details for Bruce Jin <brucej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Bruce Jin
   <brucej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

              Bruce Jin                           To Java Programming on and
              <brucej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          around the iSeries /
              Sent by:                               AS400
              java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx         <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                  cc
              02/17/2006 10:41 AM            Subject Re: BIRT 2.0 Reporting
                                                     Tool
              +----------------------------+
              |     Please respond to      |
              |  Java Programming on and   |
              | around the iSeries / AS400 |
              |  <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  |
              +----------------------------+

   In addition to *-Djava.awt.headless=true *also try to set
   *-Dos400.awt.native=true
   Please also check if *IBM AS/400 PASE (Portable App Solutions
   Environment) is on the as400 box.

   Sarah Dewar wrote:
   >    I'm quite sure the parameter is being picked up properly. My initial
   error
   >    clearly indicated that this was the problem and after defining the
   >    argument the original error went away, however it revealed a new one.
   >    Maybe I'll look into running the full AWT with VNC.
   >
   >    Thanks again,
   >    Sarah
   >
   >    Inactive hide details for Mark Phippard <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Mark
   >    Phippard <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   >
   >               Mark Phippard                       To Java Programming on
   and
   >               <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                around the iSeries
   /
   >               Sent by:                               AS400

   >               java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   >                                                   cc

   >               02/17/2006 09:36 AM            Subject Re: BIRT 2.0
   Reporting
   >                                                      Tool

   >               +----------------------------+

   >               |     Please respond to      |
   >               |  Java Programming on and   |
   >               | around the iSeries / AS400 |
   >               |  <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  |
   >               +----------------------------+
   >
   >    java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/17/2006 09:28:54 AM:
   >
   >    >    Maybe I should have specified that I have already added
   >    >    java.awt.headless=true as a JVM argument. I am also vaguely
   aware
   >    that
   >    >    certain awt classes still don't like running properly in a
   headless
   >    >    environment and as far as I can tell this shouldn't be a problem
   when
   >    >    running BIRT.
   >
   >    You might do something to double-check.  I recall having trouble with
   >    this.  I specified the parms in WebSphere configuration but not in
   the
   >    right place or format for them to actually take effect.
   >
   >    In my case, I had to use the technique of providing a full AWT
   environment
   >    using VNC.  My vendor indicated that they did not have full support
   for
   >    headless AWT at the time.
   >
   >    Mark

   >    Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by
   IBM