    Hi Mike,

    Well, ask a stupid question...  My question, if that wasn't clear.

"DB2 Express-C for Linux and Windows Edition specific information" at

    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/edition-expressc.html

clearly states that Replication Data Capture, included in the for-purchase
version, is not included in DB2 Express-C.  I expect you'd have to look
around for an IBM/third party product or write your own, as in the DRDA
suggestion form Michael.  The latter would take some effort to get it right.

    There is a forum at:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_forum.jsp?forum=805&cat=19

and an entire DB2 zone at developerWorks that may be helpful.  Keep in mind
that DB2 Express-C was just announced.  Also, "Comparing the distributed DB2
UDB servers" at:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/0301zikopoulos/0301zikopoulos1.html

may be worth a review.

    I'll stay out of the politics, other than leave everyone to give their
own response to

> since they said that server was already too flaky

    Good luck!

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO       -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?            http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400