The way I do it is to create the page that says Please wait...

Land on that page and in the page in the Body tag:

<BODY onload="replace('http://yourUrlTo')" >

Where you have the JavaScript in the Head:

<script language="JavaScript">
function replace(returnUrl) {

        location.replace(returnUrl);
}
</script>

If you need to forward any parms you will have to change the JavaScript
function to set the values and submit.

Kristen