Because you have DISABLED the user profile, just as the message said.
DISABLE means to invalidate, it is no longer VALID.

(*CURRENT,*CURRENT worked interactively because it was YOUR profile, but
when you submitted the job you overrode the user profile to the disabled
ID.)

You basically need to create a valid ENABLED user profile that has
severe security and access restrictions.  You can also set the initial
menu to *SIGNOFF.  That will prevent any interactive sign-on attempts
from succeeding, as they will be signed off as soon as they sign on.

> date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:11:16 -0000
> from: "Anand, Rajesh" <Rajesh_Anand@xxxxxx>
> subject: Problem with using a specific user id for as400 object
>
> Hi List,
>
>       I've a weird problem.
>
>       I've a code as below in my java program..
>
>       if(System.getProperty("os.name").equals("OS400")){
>
>                as400 = new AS400("localhost", "*CURRENT", "*CURRENT");
>               }
>
>       This pgm works fine when I call it using RUNJVA cmd from the
> command line.
>
>       However, when I use submit job and use another userid which is
> disabled, then my java pgm prints out "User id disabled" in Qprint.
>
>       Why does it not use the user id specified in the pgm when
> submitted.
>
>       Or how can I force it to ignore the user calling the java pgm
> and use the credentials specified in the Java Program.
>
>       Try this out??
>
>       I'm shocked as to why it doesn't work.
>
>       Any help will be greatly appreciated as always.
>
>       rgds,

Different message, same user