From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ashish Kulkarni
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 12:27 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: RE: PCML and connection pooling

Hi
please look in documentation, there is an example of
how to use it
here it is
This example creates an AS400ConnectionPool with a
limit of 128 connections:

 // Create an AS400ConnectionPool.
 AS400ConnectionPool testPool = new
AS400ConnectionPool();
 // Set a maximum of 128 connections to this pool.
 testPool.setMaxConnections(128);
 // Preconnect 5 connections to the AS400.COMMAND
service.
 testPool.fill("myAS400", "myUserID", "myPassword", AS400.COMMAND, 5);
 // Create a connection to the AS400.COMMAND service.
(Use the service number constants // defined in the AS400 class (FILE, PRINT, COMMAND, DATAQUEUE, etc.))
 AS400 newConn = testPool.getConnection("myAS400",
"myUserID", "myPassword", AS400.COMMAND);
 // Create a new command call object and run a
command.
CommandCall cmd = new CommandCall(newConn); cmd.run("CRTLIB FRED");
 // Return the connection to the pool.
testPool.returnConnectionToPool(newConn); // Close the test pool.
 testPool.close();
--- SPoger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

How is the pool configured and managed?

Sarah Poger * Manager * SunGard * GMI * 1 S. Wacker,
suite 400, Chicago,
IL 60606
Tel 312-577-6193 * Fax 312-577-6101 *
www.sungard.com/gmi
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This email (including any
attachments) may contain
confidential, proprietary and privileged
information, and unauthorized
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received
this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from
your system.  Thank
you.