> From: Andrew Papada
>
> Thanks for the response (I guess)...I'll try to be more professional
in
> mine:

Walden might have been a bit sarcastic, but I think he was right on
point: use the right tool for the job.

> Yes, I'm very well aware of that there are plenty of easy ways to do
> this in Java, I am J2EE engineer.  I'm writing this on behalf of some
> folks in our OMS group which is comprised of RPG developers and the
> director of that group would like to keep it RPG if possible so not to
> introduce a learning curve in a critical point within the project.

Walden's point is that this is better done in Java.  There are a LOT of
things better done in Java and you're far better off introducing a piece
of Java (tested and working) than trying to rewrite the same thing in
scratch from RPG.

> Additionally, if you invoke the Java class from your transactional RPG
> application by prototyping the method, you're creating a new JVM every
> time you invoke it, thereby decreasing your performance on a system
that
> can ill-afford to be maxed out.

Not true.  You don't create a new JVM, you create one on the first call.
There are other options as well, such as having a server job waiting for
requests.

The point still is that rewriting SOAP in RPG is probably a waste of
resources.

Joe