The Command job and file job are using different server job even you use same as400 object.

Best regards,

Vengoal

Ashish Kulkarni wrote:

Hi
I am using jtopen 4.6 and having problem trying to
retrieve record format for a Physical file when i do
String path = "/QSYS.LIB/%LIBL%.LIB/CF6001.FILE";

but if i hard code the library name it works
String path = "/QSYS.LIB/MAPS6300BV.LIB/CF6001.FILE";

I have already tested that there is correct library
list on AS400 job.

here is the code snippets

http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=491c153e61

I get following exception
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400Exception: CPF3012 File
CF6001 in library *LIBL not found.
        at
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400FileRecordDescriptionImplRemote.retrieveRecordFormat(AS400FileRecordDescriptionImplRemote.java:1090)
        at
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400FileRecordDescription.retrieveRecordFormat(AS400FileRecordDescription.java:488)
        at
com.pfizer.maps.devutils.util.BuildPCMLFromFileDescription.buildPcml(BuildPCMLFromFileDescription.java:33)
        at
com.pfizer.maps.devutils.main.CreatePCML.<init>(CreatePCML.java:83)
        at
com.pfizer.maps.devutils.main.CreatePCML.main(CreatePCML.java:165)