Thanks to everyone who responded, that was FAST and really appreciated! I'm
going to try each option folks sent me as a learning process.

I tried the BVSTOOLS, and it worked and was running in literally 10 minutes.
I'm gonna have to pay for it out of my own pocket, but its cheap compared to
the frustration it just saved me!

I would still like to know why the javamail isn't working. Long term I'm
going to have to learn anyway, so this is a good place to start.

Ron: OK, I copied everything to /JavaUtil/JavaMail as you specified.

Question:

CFGTCP option 20, then option 12, then 3. Parameter MAILROUTER is a TCP/IP
address.
CFGTCP open 20, then 12, then 1, the SMPT name is my email address,
Ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx

So...should the email hostname be companya.com? or should it be the
mailrouter ip address?
The local host, is that my "system" name, which is the box serial number?

I set up the CLs as you have them. I ran STRMAIL.

I was getting classpath errors on the msgmultisendsample. I then added
\javautil\javamail\demo' to the end of classpath and it went away. Do you
need to specify every directory the program will need in the classpath?
Since I had \javautil\javamail in the classpath, it won't read from Demo, if
demo is 1 step lower in the tree?

Then, I retried the IBM example of RUNJVA as follows:

RUNJVA CLASS(msgmultisendsample) PARM(ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

It brought me into a Javashell display, and I now get the following message:

                                                         Java Shell Display

   java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

           at java/lang/Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:180)

           at java/lang/Error.<init>(Error.java:37)

           at
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError.<init>(NoClassDefFoundError.java:30)

           at java/lang/ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:519)

           at
java/security/SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)

           at java/net/URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:289)

           at java/net/URLClassLoader.access$300(URLClassLoader.java:62)

           at
java/net/URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLoader.java:607)

           at java/net/URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:198)

           at java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:316)

           at sun/misc/Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)

           at java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:272)

           at java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:332)

   Java program completed with exit code 1

 ===>

 F3=Exit   F6=Print F9=Retrieve F12=Exit

 F13=Clear F17=Top  F18=Bottom  F21=CL command entry

I'm sorry for the beginner questions...
Thanks again...
Ed