Rajesh,

If your class file is in /gmi/pme when your current directory should be /
not /gmi.

Personally tho I think its a lot simpler if you just export all your
classes in a JAR file and put that on the classpath, then there's no
confusion about having to create any correct folder structures or about
what current directory you need to be in.

HTH,

Nigel Gay,
Computer Patent Annuities.

|         |           "Anand, Rajesh"    |
|         |           <Rajesh_Anand@xxxxx|
|         |           m>                 |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           java400-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com        |
|         |           22/06/2005 08:06 AM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Java Programming on|
|         |           and around the     |
|         |           iSeries / AS400    |

<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: No Class definition found ERROR

             Chris,

             Thanks for that.

             I tried what you suggested but it still gives me the same
error.

             Here is the sequence of the cmds I ran in qshell....

             >java gmi.pme.GetIndexService 2005-04-01 2005-04-30 dg

             java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: gmi/pme/GetIndexService

      java/lang/Throwable.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+4 (Throwable.java:94)

      java/lang/Error.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1 (Error.java:50)

      java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1
(NoClassDefFoundError.java:47)
             £

             >ls /gmi/pme/

             GetIndexService.class