> From: albartell
>

> Integer total1 = new Integer(0);
> Integer total2 = new Integer(0);
> Integer total3 = new Integer(0);
> Integer total4 = new Integer(0);
> Integer total5 = new Integer(0);
> Iterator iter = myList.iterator();
> while (iter.hasNext()) {
>     total1 = new Integer(0);
>     total2 = new Integer(0);
>     total3 = new Integer(0);
>     total4 = new Integer(0);
>     total5 = new Integer(0);
>
>     total1 = methodTotal1();
>     // write totals to PDF
> }

I don't understand.  What is this supposed to emulate?  The only thing
being done here is:

total1 = methodTotal1();
// write to PDF

What is all the other stuff supposed to represent?  If you meant to be
doing this:

total2 = methodTotal2();
total3 = methodTotal3();
total4 = methodTotal4();
total5 = methodTotal5();

Then the code should be thus:

Integer total1 = methodTotal1();
(...)
Integer total5 = methodTotal5();
// write to PDF

You shouldn't be creating the original Integer(0) objects, since they're
all thrown away.  Personally, though, I might write a method writeTotals
which accepts the five Integer objects, and do this:

writeTotals(
  methodTotal1(), methodTotal2(), methodTotal3(),
  methodTotal4(), methodTotal5());

Joe