 We are in the process of finally upgrading from WAS 5.0.x to WAS 5.1.x
 and for the most part all of our applications work fine compiled with
 JDK 1.3 running under JRE 1.4.2_05, which is what comes with WAS
 5.1.x.  However, there is one problem application that behaves differently

 between the 2 WAS versions.

 After some fruitless debugging and a rebuild/redeploy I decided to
 change tactics and compile the problem application under JDK 1.4.1,
 which is what is delivered with WSAD 5.1.1.  Following all of the steps
 in the following link I was able to migrate my workspace to take
 advantage of the 1.4 compiler
 (
 http://www-106.ibm.com/develop­erworks/forums/dw_expandTree.j­sp?thread...
 ).

 Most of the deployment code for the EJBs could be regenerated, but a
 few failed and I'm not sure why.  I've been unable to find any postings
 mentioning similar rmic failures.  Here's the message that I get:

 java.lang.Error: Failed to find valid type to swap for
 com.wgc.insureworx.billing.bil­lingaccount.type.PolicyStatus
 mis-identified as Value         at
 com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Type.g­etValidType(Type.java:735)         at
 com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Compou­ndType$Method.swapInvalidTypes­(CompoundTyp
 e.java:2187)         at
 com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Compou­ndType.swapInvalidTypes(Compou­ndType.java:
 1027)         at
 com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.ClassT­ype.swapInvalidTypes(ClassType­.java:161)
        at
 com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Type.u­pdateAllInvalidTypes(Type.java­:670)
   at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Contex­tStack.pop(ContextStack.java(C­ompiled

 Code))         at
 com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Implem­entationType.forImplementation­(Implementat
 ionType.java:91)         at
 com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.StubGe­nerator.getTopType(StubGenerat­or.java:153)

         at
 com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Genera­tor.generate(Generator.java:27­3)
 at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.doCompile(Ma­in.java:553)         at
 sun.rmi.rmic.Main.compile(Main­.java:148)         at
 sun.rmi.rmic.Main.main(Main.ja­va:792)
 error: An error has occurred in the compiler; please file a bug report
 (http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bu­greport.cgi).
 1 error