Thanks,  Paul Holm

Business: 760-432-0600   Home: 760-432-6550
Cell:  760-415-8830
PlanetJ - Makers of WOW  (AKA... WebSphere on Steroids)

Troy,

It sounds like the problem maybe that you are creating preparedStatements
against the same connection.

Our connection pool framework, will cleanup connections (close and reopen)
at periodic times to remedy this.  You may want to do the same.

Here is a partial answer:

IBM Toolbox for Java JDBC Driver

The Toolbox JDBC driver requires that statements be explicitly closed. With
the current design, the connection object holds a reference to all statement
objects. The statement objects cannot be reclaimed until the connection is
closed. If an application allows a statement object to go out of scope
without explicitly closing it, the resources associated with the statement
are "leaked". This leads to a steady increase in memory use on the client
and server and a degradation in performance. The application eventually
fails with an out of resource error message. The Toolbox statement limit is
9999 statements (APAR SA89583). A large amount of resources may be consumed
before the job eventually fails. Earlier versions were limited to 256 open
statements.

Reference:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0/8e9827a8d2ae7baf86256a8c00586cde?
OpenDocument