This post should probably be in MIDRANGE-L as it is OS related not Java.

In any event, as I understand it, when the query engine uses an index, it
doesn't update the stats.  However, with v5r3 there are some new stats kept for
indexes including how many times it was used.  These new stats can be seen
through v5r3 Ops-Nav.

More info here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzajq/indexstats.htm

or

http://tinyurl.com/5q8e4

Note that when you used native RPG access, the LF stats should have been
updated.  At least the "last used", I would have expect the # reads to have
also.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America