Pete

OK.

The only other thing I can suggest is to write a quick little snoop servlet that dumps System.getProperties() and look for java.awt.headless = true to make sure Tomcat is picking up your properties.

One more thing make sure you have java.version=1.4 in your /qibm/userdata/java400/SystemDefault.properties file.

Thanx, PLA

Pete Helgren wrote:

Thanks Patrick,

Everything we have so far is running just fine under Tomcat 5.0, this is the
only issue we have surfaced.  I also tried running it on our dev box (model
800 running V5R2M0) It has the exact same problem and is running the 1.4 JVM
and Tomcat 5.0.

IBM suggested the PRPQ 5799PTL which provides VNC support but was also
supposed to help in this case but that made no difference.  I'll have the
customer go back to IBM (although I find this list much more knowledgeable
in 'real world' implementations....)

Jasper reports is cool enough that we want to get this running.  I'll
investigate the 5.0 JRE although I am pretty sure that Tomcat 5.0.19 should
be running OK with 1.4.  BTW, this app runs just fine under Tomcat 5.0 and
the 1.4 JDK on my WinXP box so I think there is something up on the iSeries.
I should give it a whirl under Linux...

Short of any other suggestions, I'll go back to IBM and see what they say
(probably "Tomcat 5.0 isn't supported....") Guess I could always fire up WAS
Express.....

Pete