Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:00:27 +0100
From: Magne Kofoed <magne@xxxxxxxxx> Add To Address Book
Subject: RE: Error creating java object
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I did some changes and got the program working.

Here is the qsh cmd and java code with resulting xml file:
javac -classpath .:/jar/jt400.jar:/jdom/jdom-
1.0/build/jdom.jar:/jdom/jdom-contrib-1.0/build/jdom-
contrib.jar raj.java
$

java -classpath .:/jar/jt400.jar:/jdom/jdom-
1.0/build/jdom.jar:/jdom/jdom-contrib-1.0/build/jdom-
contrib.jar raj
$

Java code:
import java.io.IOException;
import java.sql.*;
import java.text.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import org.jdom.*;
import org.jdom.input.*;
import org.jdom.output.*;
import org.jdom.transform.*;
import org.jdom.contrib.input.*;
import com.ibm.as400.access.*;

public class raj {
public static void main(String args[]){

try {
DriverManager.registerDriver(new
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver());
// cgidev2 is the library!
Connection c = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:as400://192.168.1.9/cgidev2");
Statement stmt = c.createStatement();
ResultSet rs   = stmt.executeQuery(" select * from
parkivp1 ");
ResultSetBuilder builder = new ResultSetBuilder(rs);
Document doc = builder.build();
PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(new BufferedWriter(new
FileWriter("/java/demo/test.xml")));
XMLOutputter outputter = new XMLOutputter();
outputter.output(doc, pw);
pw.flush();
pw.close();
c.close();
  }
catch (JDOMException e) {
  System.out.println(e);
                      }
catch (IOException e) {
   System.out.println(e);
       }
catch (SQLException e) {
   System.out.println(e);

The result file:  /java/demo/test.xml

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<result>
<entry>
 <ARKIV>ARKIV1</ARKIV>
 <DOCTYP>RECHNUNG</DOCTYP>
 <INDEX>RECHNR</INDEX>
 <VALUE>30548</VALUE>
 <VALLEN>4</VALLEN>
 <DOCNAM>/ARKIV/PEDMON/OIS181030017OIS199PF.PDF</DOCNAM>
 <ARKDAT>20030417</ARKDAT>
 <ARKTIM>101032</ARKTIM>
 <ARKUSR />
 </entry>
<entry>
 <ARKIV>ARKIV1</ARKIV>
 <DOCTYP>RECHNUNG</DOCTYP>
 <INDEX>Debitor</INDEX>
 <VALUE>010474</VALUE>
 <VALLEN>4</VALLEN>
 <DOCNAM>/ARKIV/PEDMON/OIS181030017OIS199PF.PDF</DOCNAM>
 <ARKDAT>20030417</ARKDAT>
 <ARKTIM>101032</ARKTIM>
 <ARKUSR />
 </entry>
<result>

Rgds,
Magne

Here is the program that compiled and run on my AS/400 under
jdk1.4
make sure that you have latest jdom.jar and jdom-contrib.jar
in your class path

import
java.io.IOException;

import
java.sql.*;

import
java.io.*;

import
org.jdom.output.*;

import org.jdom.*;
import
org.jdom.contrib.input.*;

import
com.ibm.as400.access.*;

public class TestXMLBuilder
{

  public static void main(String args[])
{
    try
{

      DriverManager.registerDriver(new
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver());
      Connection c = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:as400://mldev400;date format=
iso", "xxx", "xxx");
      Statement stmt = c.createStatement
();

      ResultSet rs   = stmt.executeQuery("select * from
SPANAND/LNAFGBP");

[...]

Regards,
Alex Pinsky