Ok,

Trying to run my first iSeries Java program, a modified version of the
ReceiveRequest presented in last months iSeries NEWS for interfacing RPG to
external DBs using JDBC.

However, when I try to start it I get the following:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
     at java/lang/Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:180)

     at java/lang/Error.<init>(Error.java:37)

     at java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError.<init>(NoClassDefFoundError.java:30)

     at java/lang/ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:547)

     at
java/security/SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
     at java/net/URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:290)

     at java/net/URLClassLoader.access$300(URLClassLoader.java:63)

     at java/net/URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLoader.java:609)

     at java/net/URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:199)

     at java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)

     at sun/misc/Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)

     at java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:245)

     at java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:312)

Why doesn't it tell me which class wasn't found??  Here's the command I'm
using to start:
java -Djava.version=1.4 -cp .:/jdbc/oracle/ojdbc14.zip ReceiveRequest

I tried adding the -verbose, but it didn't seem to be of much help.  I get a
whole bunch of "Loading class ..." messages.  Then the same error:
/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk14/lib/security.jar
/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk14/lib/security.jar
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk14/lib/rt.jar
[...]

Is it the ThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMap$Entry.class that is a problem?

Thanks,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343