From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Logemann
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 5:04 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: How to Start and Stop Servlet instance in ASF Tomcat for
V5R2

Sameer Jaffer wrote:
> We have V5r2 with ASF Tomcat version 3.2.4. Need to know if there is
any way (manually or browser based) to administer the servlets. Eg.
Start and Stop instance of servlets.

> Your Help is greatly apprecieated.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Sameer Jaffer
> 817-247-1715

Hell, 3.2.4 is so old that i dont know exactly if there was allready a
web console supplied. The docs for the 3.x distro are also quite .. hmm
.. bad. I would *strongly* encourage you to upgrade to a more recent
version. You can do that without any IBM tapes or CDs, just grab it from

the web and there you go. Apart from big performance gains (3.x is
terribly slow) with a recent version, you also get two web consoles, one

for Tomcat Server Administration and one for Webapplication Management.

Another note: You cant stop seperate servlet instances, you can only
stop-start complete web applications.

--

regards
Marc Logemann

--
"Programming is like Sex, one mistake and you support it for a lifetime"