Price, Chris wrote:

All,

I have some code that creates a connection object the old fashioned, JDBC 1
way:

        Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver").newInstance();
        Connection con =
DriverManager.getConnection(myJDBCUrl,myDriverProps);

I need to convert it to use more up to date DataSource, which I thought
would be a simple enough job. But I'm stumped. All I really need is a
DataSource Implemetation that will wrap a connection configured as above,
but such a thing doesn't seem to exist.

I've looked at JT400, expecting something there would do the job for me, and
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource sounds like what I need. But it is
configured in a completely different way:
        public AS400JDBCDataSource(java.lang.String serverName,
                                   java.lang.String user,
                                   java.lang.String password)
and can't take all the options that can be specified on the JBDC url or the
properties file.

What am I missing here?

Chris.

Hi,

you are missing that an object is more than its set of constructor parameters. There are a lot of setter methods doing different things...

AS400JDBCDataSource.setLibraries()
AS400JDBCDataSource.setNaming()
[..]

Or do you miss some setters which should be there?

--

regards
Marc Logemann

--
"Programming is like Sex, one mistake and you support it for a lifetime"