From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 8:31 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: CCSID of JAR files

Hello,
        I am having a problem with a system where even though all the
JAR files I require are in the *SYS level classpath environment
variable, I keep getting ClassDefNotFound exceptions. The classpath is
correct, the jar files are where they belong, but it still doesn't find
my classes!

        What I did notice was that the CCSID of the JAR files on this
system is 437, while on my test systems they are all 1252. Would/could
this cause the problem I am seeing in this situation? Thanks for your
help!

Dan Feather
dfeather@xxxxxxxxxxxxx