I re-downloaded Tomcat 5.0.25 and reinstalled it to
make sure there were no configuration problems. I also
re-downloaded Jakarta Struts 1.1 and extracted the
struts.jar file into my deployed location overlaying
the existing file. I made sure that the file is in the
correct path and that the permissions are RWX for
everyone... and I still get the same JasperException
that it cannot open the struts.jar file to access the
struts-bean.tld file.

I have not modified any classpath settings in either
the 4.1.29 or 5.0.25 Tomcat servers, other than to add
the java path. But the path it's referencing is not a
relative path or anything like that.

Ivan

--- Tim Gosnell <tgosnell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Couple more thoughts...
>  - corrupt struts.jar and/or tld file(s).
>  - permissions to the the jar or tld.
>  - the tld files are not in the the application
> classpath
>
> On a slightly different note... Eclipse is a dev
> tool not a deployment tool.
> If you build a war file in ant
> (http://ant.apache.org) and deploy it to
> Tomcat that should take care of the problem assuming
> that the war file
> includes everything needed to run the web
> application.
>
> Tim Gosnell

"file:/home/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25/webapps/USA/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar":
> > java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip file closed
> >
> > java/lang/Throwable.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+4
> > (Throwable.java:90)
> >
> > java/lang/Exception.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1
> > (Exception.java:38)

javax/servlet/ServletException.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Throwable
> > ;)V+0
> > (ServletException.java:87)

org/apache/jasper/JasperException.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Throwa
> > ble;)V+0
> > (JasperException.java:36)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(Ljava/lang/String;Lj
> > ava/lang/Exception;)V+0
> > (DefaultErrorHandler.java:50)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(Lorg/apache/jasper/compi

ler/Mark;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Exception;)V+0
> > (ErrorDispatcher.java:336)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/ErrorDispatcher.jspError(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/

> lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V+0
> > (ErrorDispatcher.java:183)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(Lorg/apache/jasper/JspC

ompilationContext;Lorg/apache/jasper/compiler/ParserController;Ljava/lang/St

ring;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/jasper/compiler/ErrorD
> > ispatcher;)V+0
> > (TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:136)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Lorg/apache/jasper/co
> > mpiler/Node;)V+0
> > (Parser.java:401)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/Parser.parseDirective(Lorg/apache/jasper/compiler
> > /Node;)V+0
> > (Parser.java:463)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/Parser.parseElements(Lorg/apache/jasper/compiler/
> > Node;)V+0
> > (Parser.java:1527)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/Parser.parse(Lorg/apache/jasper/compiler/ParserCo

ntroller;Lorg/apache/jasper/compiler/JspReader;Lorg/apache/jasper/compiler/N

ode;ZZLjava/net/URL;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Z)Lorg/apache/jasper
> > /compiler/Node$Nodes;+0
> > (Parser.java:107)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/ParserController.doParse(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/a

pache/jasper/compiler/Node;Ljava/net/URL;)Lorg/apache/jasper/compiler/Node$N
> > odes;+0
> > (ParserController.java:160)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/ParserController.parse(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/ap
> > ache/jasper/compiler/Node$Nodes;+0
> > (ParserController.java:99)

org/apache/jasper/compiler/Compiler.generateJava()[Ljava/lang/String;+0
> > (Compiler.java:151)
> >
> > org/apache/jasper/compiler/Compiler.compile(ZZ)V+0
> > (Compiler.java:456)
> >
> > org/apache/jasper/compiler/Compiler.compile(Z)V+0
> > (Compiler.java:442)
> >
> > org/apache/jasper/compiler/Compiler.compile()V+0
> > (Compiler.java:430)
> >

> org/apache/jasper/JspCompilationContext.compile()V+0
> > (JspCompilationContext.java:508)

org/apache/jasper/servlet/JspServletWrapper.service(Ljavax/servlet/http/Http

ServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;Z)V+0
> > (JspServletWrapper.java:258)

org/apache/jasper/servlet/JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Ljavax/servlet/http/Http

ServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;Ljava/lang/String;Lja
> > va/lang/Throwable;Z)V+0
> > (JspServlet.java:265)

org/apache/jasper/servlet/JspServlet.service(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

> Request;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)V+0
> > (JspServlet.java:178)

javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet.service(Ljavax/servlet/ServletRequest;Ljavax/

=== message truncated ===