Robert,

I am attempting to do the same thing and have run into
some problems. Could you post a reply with a detailed
step-by-step list of what you did to get this to work.

I am using Eclipse 2.1.3 and Genuitec MyEclipse
Workbench 2.7 for my IDE (it's basically just Eclipse
with some bells & whistles) on a Windows XP machine. I
am connecting/deploying to a V5R2 AS400 with Tomcat
4.1.29 as my application server.

The application I am developing is a server-side app,
so I don't have the problem where it can run so fast
that you can't catch it before it's done. The
following are a list of some things I'm not sure
about:

1)How do you start the application server (tomcat)...
from the as400 or from your IDE?

2)Did you have to modify your app server startup
scripts to include any special debug options? If so,
what are they?

3)Did you have to install jdwp on your Dev IDE or on
your AS400?

Thanks,
Ivan