Hi
we have a CL program which we call before calling java
and this program sets all the classpath, here is what
we have in cl program
 ADDENVVAR  ENVVAR(CLASSPATH) VALUE(classpath goes
here) +
              REPLACE(*YES)
 MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000 MCH0000)

 ADDENVVAR  ENVVAR(QIBM_RPG_JAVA_PROPERTIES) +
              VALUE('-Djava.version=1.4;')
 MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000 MCH0000)
we had no problem using this

Ashish