Hi Roman,

Just this past week I had to do the same thing,
connect  from the as400 to a SQL Server db. I
successfully found and used the opensource jTDS driver
in SourceForge (I have included a link to the jTDS
project below). It appears to be the preferred driver
for handling this (according to many articles I
found), and is also supposed to be faster than the
driver you are using.

http://jtds.sourceforge.net/

Good Luck,
Ivan