We recently ran into this problem on our iSeries when we upgraded our dev box from V5R1 to V5R2 ... our iSeries engineer called IBM and after a while discovered that a few add'l. Java things needed to be installed. Not sure about the details, but after he did whatever IBM told him to do, everything worked like it had in V5R1.

Might wanna call IBM? If that's not possible, I can ask our iSeries engineer Monday what exactly they needed to do.

Brice

Himes, Jay wrote:

I am trying to create a java stored procedure; however, when I run it I get
an error. Has anyone created a stored procedure in java?

I am on V5R2 and have placed the class file in
"/QIBM/UserData/OS400/SQLLib/Function/".
Also the reason code 5 means (I think ) "Cannot establish default context";
however, I have no idea what that phrase actually means.

This is the create procedure statement:
CREATE PROCEDURE lbucmusr/SYSTEMDOWN () LANGUAGE JAVA PARAMETER STYLE JAVA NOT FENCED EXTERNAL NAME 'storedprocs.getsystemstate';

This is the java code:

import java.sql.*;

public class storedprocs {
public static void getsystemstate()
throws SQLException, Exception
{
String down="J";
if( down.equals( "J" ) )
down="E";

This is the error I get when I call the procedure:
Message ID . . . . . . :   SQL4304       Severity . . . . . . . :   30

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Date sent . . . . . . : 04/01/04 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:33:28

Message . . . . : Java stored procedure or user-defined function

SYSTEMDOWN, specific name could not load Java class storedprocs for
reason code 5.

Cause . . . . . : The Java class given by the EXTERNAL NAME clause of a

CREATE PROCEDURE or CREATE FUNCTION statement could not be loaded. The

reason codes and their meanings follow:

1 -- The class was not found on the CLASSPATH.

2 -- The class did not implement the required interface

("com.ibm.db2.app.StoredProc" or "com.ibm.db2.app.UDF") or lacked the Java

"public" access flag.

3 -- The default constructor failed or was unavailable.

Recovery . . . : Ensure that the compiled ".class" file is installed in
the CLASSPATH, for example under "/QIBM/UserData/OS400/SQLLib/Function". Ensure
it implements the required Java interfaces and is "public".