That was it.  I thought I had an XML parser in my classpath, but I didn't.

Thanks,
Chad

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashish Kulkarni [mailto:kulkarni_ash1312@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 12:44 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: PCML document example?

Hi
the program looks good what version of java are u
using, seems u are missing come jar files in the
classpath, what is the classpath ??

Ashish
--- "cornelius, chad"
<chad.cornelius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone have a good running example of how PCML
> is used on the 400?  I
> am trying to call a program, but keep getting the
> following error.  I am
> also not sure where the pcml document should reside.
>

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler
>
>             at

java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:486)

>             at

java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)

>             at

java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)

>             at

java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)

>             at

java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)

>             at
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
> Method)
>
>             at

java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

>             at

java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:297)

>             at

sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:286)

>             at

java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:253)

>             at

java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)

>             at

com.ibm.as400.data.ProgramCallDocument.loadSourcePcmlDocument(ProgramCallDoc
> ument.java:1043)
>
>             at

com.ibm.as400.data.ProgramCallDocument.loadPcmlDocument(ProgramCallDocument.
> java:946)
>
>             at

com.ibm.as400.data.ProgramCallDocument.<init>(ProgramCallDocument.java:98)

>             at
> com.state.judicial.databean.LDA.main(LDA.java:30)
>

> I am using the JT400Native.jar file.
>

> Here is my example:
>
> AS400 system = new AS400("server", "username",
> "passwd");
>
> try {
>
>             system.connectService(AS400.SIGNON);
>
>             connected = system.isConnected();