You can export the spoolfile in DB2:
CPYSPLF FILE({spool_file_name}) TOFILE({my_lib/my_database_file}) JOB({job_number}/{job_user}) SPLNBR({spool_number})

and then access it directly, line by line with your favorite jdbc connector.
Note that this command can be run with java toolbox:
        CommandCall cmd = new CommandCall(new AS400());
        cmd.run({the command line above});

Note that you can have some trouble with "highlight" and especially "underline" key word: you will have underscore instead of the characters data. This is because AS400 spool file is a pure printing format. By adding the parameter CTLCHAR(*PRTCTL) to the command line, you can get every line processed by the printer and try to recontruct the initial format. It is a bit tricky, but it works.

Hope this help!

If someone know a way to get directly the spool with xml tag to indicate the attributes (mainly underline), I am very curious about the solution.

Gilles Kuhn, ingenieur développement
KUHN ORGANISATION
4, rue Hannong 67380 Lingolsheim
tél: +33 3 88 76 54 44