This reminds me that with Cocoon you generally specify a URL of
whatever.something?dummy=file.pdf even when the mime type is correct.

David Morris

>>> gilles.kuhn@xxxxxxxxxxxx 1/9/2004 11:06:31 AM >>>
cornelius, chad wrote:
> Yeah...  I dropped it where all my jsp files reside.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

If you serve the file directly through the servlet OutputStream, it
could be a MIME-Type problem, try to specify it in HTTP Headers.
If the browser request your pdf file with a file name which doesn't end

with ".pdf", maybe you should set the file name to "myfile.pdf" on
server side.

public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
                throws ServletException, IOException
{
                res.setContentType("application/pdf");
                res.setHeader(
                        "Content-Disposition",
                        "inline; filename= myfile.pdf" );

If you serve the file with a res.sendRedirect("path_to_my_pdf"),
check also that pdf MIME type is defined in the tomcat/conf/web.xml
file:
     <mime-mapping>
         <extension>pdf</extension>
         <mime-type>application/pdf</mime-type>
     </mime-mapping>

I hope this helps. But generally speaking, trying to display files
which
are not HTML, gif or jpeg is a browser dependant problem. But if it
works with a normal static HTML apache web server, with those
mofifications it should work with TOMCAT as well.