I think it depends on what #execClCmd does and how it works.  It sounds like
it may spawn a new process and the environment is being changed in that new
process and then that new process ends, which does you no good.

You might be able to track this down by using #execClCmd to send a message
to QSYSOPR.  Then, you could look at the message and see the job that sent
it and see if it really is your batch job that sent it.

HTH,
Gary

http://archive.midrange.com/java400-l.