Hi,
I'm looking for a example that uses java to act as an SSL enabled FTP client to
get data from the FTP server of another company that requires that the client
must authenticate using a digital certificate.

Interestingly, I believe that at V5R2 (which we have) the iSeries can now act
as an FTP client using SSL. Although this should be able to be achieved by
using the SSL options on the iSeries FTP command from the commad line, what is
not clear to me is that it would seem that this would mean that you would
always have to use the same client certificate ( namely the digital certificate
assigned via the iSeries DCM to the iSeries FTP application) no matter which
remote FTP server that you need to connect to.

Peter

confidential or legally privileged information, or both. No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this
correspondence if you are not the intended recipient. Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Baycorp
Advantage. If you need assistance, please contact Baycorp Advantage on either
:- Australia 133124 or New Zealand +64 9 356 5800