Hi

Always build a new object of Job before getting the
status
Some how job is not updated to reflect current job
status
So in your while loop, create a instance of job before
getting the status
this is my code
which works fine for me
 Job myJob = new Job(as400, jobNumber, jobUser,
newJobNum);
 runStatus = (String)
myJob.getValue(Job.ACTIVE_JOB_STATUS);
 while (runStatus != null &&
(runStatus.equals(Job.ACTIVE_JOB_STATUS_RUNNING)
runStatus.equals(Job.ACTIVE_JOB_STATUS_WAIT_TIME_INTERVAL)
runStatus.equals(Job.ACTIVE_JOB_STATUS_NONE)))
        {
          try
          {
            myJob = new Job(as400, jobNumber, jobUser,
newJobNum);
            runStatus = (String)
myJob.getValue(Job.ACTIVE_JOB_STATUS);
}