In the following program, I am noticing that the job status stays ACTIVE and
does not change.

My question is what should I check in order to see if the job has completed
successfully or errored out ?

Please help.

Thanks
Sandeep

**************** AS400Test.java ***************

import com.ibm.as400.access.*;
import com.ibm.as400.security.auth.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;

public class AS400Test
{
        public static void main(String[] args)
        {
                AS400 system = null;
                try
                {
                        system = new AS400("SYSTEMNAME", "UserName",
"Password");
                        system.connectService(AS400.COMMAND);
                        CommandCall m_command   = new CommandCall(system);
                        if (m_command.run("SBMJOB JOB(TESJOB)
CMD(WRKSYSSTS)"))
                                System.out.println("m_command.run is set to
true");
                        else
                                System.out.println("m_command.run is set to
false");

                        AS400Message[] messagelist =
m_command.getMessageList();
                for (int i = 0; i < messagelist.length; ++i)
                {
                System.out.println("MESSAGE IS : " +
messagelist[i].getText());
                }

                        Job m_job                       =
m_command.getServerJob();
                        String jobNumber        = m_job.getNumber();
                        String jobstatus        = m_job.getStatus();
                        String jobno            = m_job.getNumber();
                        String jobtype          = m_job.getType();
                        String jobuser          = m_job.getUser();

                        JobLog jl                       = m_job.getJobLog();

                        System.out.println("*** JOB INFORMATION*****" +
                                                           " jobNumber : " +
jobNumber   +
                                                           " jobstatus : " +
jobstatus   +
                                                           " jobtype : "   +
jobtype     +
                                                           " jobuser : "   +
jobuser
                                                           //" internalJOBID
: "   + internalID
                                                          );

                        while (jl.getLength() <= 0)
                        {
                                System.out.println("Waiting for output");
                        }

                        AS400Message msg        = null;

                Enumeration msglst = jl.getMessages();

                        while (msglst.hasMoreElements())
                        {
                                msg = (AS400Message) msglst.nextElement();
                                System.out.println(msg.getText());
                        }

                                   // STAYS IN THIS LOOP FOREVER

                        while
(m_job.getStatus().equals(m_job.JOB_STATUS_ACTIVE))
                        {
                                Thread.sleep(10);
                                System.out.println(jobno + " is in : " +
m_job.getStatus());
                        }

                        System.out.println(jobno + " has status of " +
m_job.getStatus());

                        system.disconnectAllServices();
                }
                catch (Exception e)