Some additional information from my original post.

1.  I have created a .JAR file of my application named (myapplication.jar).
2.  I have placed myapplication.jar in a directory that also contains all of
the helper JAR files (jt400.jar, etc).
3.  I call the application on the command line using:  java -jar
myapplication.jar.
4.  The application loads correctly and displays a simple dialog for user name
and password whichs works perfectly.
5.  The application immediately does a JDBC initialization with a
Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver");   This is the JDBC
driver to connect to the AS400.
6.  I am receiving a ClassNotFoundException error on
"com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver".   This class is in the jt400.jar.   I
have verified this by looking at the table of contents of jt400.jar.
7.   I have manually created a manifest file below:

------------- start of manifest.mf ---------------------------
Manifest-Version: 1.0

Created-By: Ant 1.3

Class-Path: myapplication.jar jt400.jar j2ee.jar iwdtrt.jar JCalendar3.jar
xercesImpl.jar

Main-Class: PricingSearchMain

7.   The application works correctly within the Eclipse environment.    On my
same development machine, I am calling the command line version and getting the
ClassNotFoundException.
8.  I have tried to add the -classpath option on the java.exe, but to no avail.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks to everyone - trying to help me with this.