> The getConnection() method on
> the AS400JDBCConnectionPoolDataSource
> still does not return a pooled connection.

    Correct.  I probably wasn't very clear.  Use getConnection() from
*AS400JDBCConnectionPool*.  So, you need to implement a DataSource
that creates an AS400JDBCConnectionPool and gets everything from it.
Take a look at the documentation for AS400JDBCConnectionPool.  Hope that
clears things up somewhat.

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO         -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?             http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400