Adele,

You can adjust your connection url to fix this. The following should
help:

    private final String NATIVE_CONNECTION_STRING =
        "jdbc:db2:*local;naming=system;date format=usa;translate
binary=true";
    private final String CONNECTION_STRING =
        "jdbc:as400://pctci.pctci.com;naming=system;date format=usa";
    Connection connection = null;
            if (System.getProperty("os.name").equals("OS/400")) {
                DriverManager.registerDriver((Driver)
Thread.currentThread()

.getContextClassLoader()

.loadClass("com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver")

.newInstance());
                connection =
DriverManager.getConnection(NATIVE_CONNECTION_STRING);
                if (Log.isDebugEnabled()) {
                    Log.debug(
                        "Native com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver
registered.");
                }
            } else {
                DriverManager.registerDriver((Driver)
Thread.currentThread()

.getContextClassLoader()

.loadClass("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver")

.newInstance());
                connection =
DriverManager.getConnection(CONNECTION_STRING);
                if (Log.isDebugEnabled()) {
                    Log.debug(
                        "Thin com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
registered.");

David Morris

>>> adele_cavalli@xxxxxxxx 7/18/2003 6:58:50 AM >>>
I have Tomcat running on as/400.

I'm trying to call a SP w/result set from a JSP.

If I use the Toolbox everything is fine, but if I use Native I get data
in ascii.

I'm a very newbie and probably it's a simple problem; is there anybody
than can help me ?

Thanks.
Adele.