http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/SLKBase.nsf/0/e3dc97d7f1aeaf348625685f005c6263?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=1&Highlight=0,ifs

It helps explain the IFS security and how it is based on Unix. Notice that how Owner is handled on new objects is different as of V5R2.

Roger Vicker, CCP

On 6/2/2003 12:38 PM, Eyers, Daniel wrote:

I think I have a similar issue.  I have developers that can create directories
in IFS but if they want to delete them,
they have to change the rights to the directory he/she just created.

I read somewhere that creating any stream file on the IFS exhibits this behavior and it is normal.

In other words, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

Not sure how to get around it... Hopefully, someone else will chime in.....

dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Jin [mailto:jin007m@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 4:26 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: IFS object authority

When I create a file or directory in IFS using command CRTDIR or using mapped drive, the object has an full authority for *public: (*PUBLIC *RWX X X X X ).

But my own profile has less authority: (JIN *RWX).

Why is this?

Is there a way to not attach owner JIN to the object when it is created?

Is there a way to give  owner JIN full authority too when the object is
created?

Thanks.

Bruce

_______________________________________________ This is the Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400 (JAVA400-L) mailing list To post a message email: JAVA400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/java400-l or email: JAVA400-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/java400-l. _______________________________________________ This is the Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400 (JAVA400-L) mailing list To post a message email: JAVA400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/java400-l or email: JAVA400-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/java400-l.

--

*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte *** www.vicker.com
***