Hi,

I have written the attached Start.sh (listed below).  On two AS/400s
when I run it in QSH either in batch (CLP runs QSH) or called
interactively in QSH everything runs successfully and the Java program
(which is never ending) runs and I have to 'kill' the job quite happily.

On a third AS/400 system, everything runs successfully EXCEPT the script
appears to end once the Java programs start, which in turn sends a
message to the Java commands to end.

If I run every command in the script interactively on the QSH command
line (on the errant system), everything runs correctly, and the Java
program never ends (correctly).

How can I solve this?  Have you heard of a problem like this?  On Unix
they have nohup; this sounds kind of like what I need but we don't have
this command in QSH.  Is there a PTF that anyone has heard of for this?

All systems are V5R1. I need to get this solved ASAP.

Thanks!

Kristen Henry
303-883-0144

Code:

export COMMAND='chgjob job('$JOBNAME') runpty(14)'
system $COMMAND

export QIBM_MULTI_THREADED=Y

export -s JAVA_HOME=/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk13/bin
echo $JAVA_HOME

export -s PATH=/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk13/bin:${PATH}
echo $PATH

CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH.:/opt/AVAps/bin/ps400........ (snip) export CLASSPATH

export -s LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/AVAps/bin
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

# Run the Server
touch -C 819 /opt/AVAps/logs/stdout.log
cd /opt/AVAps/bin
java com.ava.ps.unix.Server >> /opt/AVAps/logs/stdout.log