From:   Gary L Peskin [mailto:garyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   09 May 2003 16:48
To:     'Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400'
Subject:        RE: AS400 objects from a connection pool

Create a class that implements ConnectionPoolListener.  The method you're
going to flesh out is connectionCreated.  Then, instantiate a
ConnectionPoolListener object.  Pass that object into the
addConnectionPoolListener method of your AS400ConnectionPool object.  Your
ConnectionPoolListener's connectionCreated method will get called whenever a
new connection is created and placed into the connection pool.

When your connectionCreated method is called, it is passed a
ConnectionPoolEvent.  If you call the getSource() method of the passed
ConnectionPoolEvent and cast the returned value to an AS400, you should be
all set to go.

HTH,
Gary