Hi Dieter,
   In the last week this is what we have done to find the possible bottle
neck in the system:

   We tried to run the application in isolation when almost the entire
system was at the disposal (9406-720, 2GB memory, 50% DASD utilization,
DZDASOINIT runs in machine pool etc...). This is what we have seen:

1. DB Monitor shows that actual SQL time is negligible. It takes about 1.8
seconds to perform SQLs involved (about 25 SQLs). We noticed that OPEN and
DE (I don't know what is this -- description??) operations seem to take
most time out of this 1.8 seconds. Question is how do we make the opens
reuse ODPs? In our case every SQL seems to do full open. Note that we are
using JT400 to access AS400 data from servlets which are running on a PC
Webserver. Other question is what is this DE record and how do I reduce the
overhead there??

2. Overall response time is about 15-20 seconds. We feel that once the data
is obtained by servlet it should not take more than 1-2 seconds to create
the HTMl with images and render the page. Where else is the time lost?? Is
this thanx to JT400?? Note that the high speed PC server and AS400 are on
the LAN next to each other.

Any suggestion would be helpful
Suresh