Hi,

On Friday 04 April 2003 11:13, you wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>    I interested in this, could do you give more details about how to set
> the properties of the database server jobs ?
>
>        Is in the jdbc connection ?
>        Is in the AS400 ?

you might change it on as400, its a kind of configuration and it differs for
the toolbox driver and the native driver and might depend on release.

first step: identify the server job, you'll find it very easy with WRKOBJLCK
myuser *USRPRF (Toolbox uses QZDASOINIT and the type 2 driver QSQSRVR).

second step: identify the prestart entry of the job, you'll find it using
option 10 of dspsbsd for the subsystems

        type 4 normally uses the entry QZDASOINIT in Subsystem QUSRWRK
        type 2 normally uses the entry QSQSRVR in Subsystem QSYSWRK
both entries normally are tied to the USRPRF QUSER and are saying to use the
QDFTJOBD and there the maxsize of the joblog and the action to take at
reaching the limit point to *SYSVAL. and normally there are 16 MB max and
*nowrap - that might be a reason for dieing connections.

recommended way to change this:
CHGPJE SBSD(QUSRWRK) PGM(QZDASOINIT) JOBD(QZBSJOBD)
CHGPJE SBSD(QSYSWRK) PGM(QSQSRVR) JOBD(QZBSJOBD)

or some other JOBD with *WRAP

Dieter