> From: David Gibbs
>
> So obviously the password expiration had something to do with it
> ... anyone
> know why a pending expiration would cause the database connection to hang?
> It's as if the signon server was waiting for the user to decide if they
> wanted to change their password or not.

What are you using to connect, David?  The toolbox driver?  Because as far
as I know, the toolbox will pop up that little signon screen whenever a
password problem exists.  However, I don't know if it's supposed to do that
for "about to expire".

If the prompt did come up, it's usually in the upper left corner and can
easily be overlaid by an impatient user clicking on the application again.
Are you sure the user didn't accidentally hide the password prompt?  I do
that all the time.

In any event, I'd probably test the condition by setting up a temporary user
profile about to expire and seeing what happens.

Joe