    Hi Kristen,

    As you've probably seen, there's not a well advertised list, at any
rate.  Some of the following may be helpful:

    "JavaT 2 on the OS/390 and z/OS Platforms"

    http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/software/java/

    "z/OS Public Forums"

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/unix/bpxa1dis.html

    IBM and other Java oriented newsgroups:

http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/community.nsf/dw/java-newsgroups-bytop
ic?OpenDocument&Count=500

    You'll probably have to paste the above link together, thanks to my
inadequate email program, sorry.

    In addition, some of the local user groups may be able to point you to
other mailing lists.  I'm thinking of the one in Raleigh in particular ( I'm
in Florida, but track a lot of these ) because of the IBM presence.  You can
send mail to::

                    Juglist@xxxxxxxxxx

    or join:

    I'm sure you can figure that any of the JTOpen classes that use an AS400
object or AS/400 objects are not going to work.  You'll also find out
whether your code has AS/400 specific assumptions built in and what it means
to write portable code - as you may have seen, most developers ( AS/400 or
not ) only care about portability TO their platform.

    I'd be very interested in knowing how your project and progress
proceeds.  I hope some of this is helpful to you.  Best,

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO         -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?             http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400