Hello,

2-3 seconds to oracle compared to 20 minutes: looks like a bug.
starting point for me would be:
- use a special user profile for your connect
- WRKOBJLCK <connect user> *USRPRF will show you up the serverjob on the as400
- now you can have a look to the job, what it is doing
I'm not shure wether V4R4 has Group PTFs for the database, but I suppose so.
There must be a DTAARA SF99xxx showing up the fix level of the database.
Missing group PTF for the database might cause everyy bug I've ever seen.

Dieter