I can give you an example of how you could do this with the toolbox, but
it depends on how much you know about the job you are looking for.  Do
you have complete job information, the job name, user, and job number?
Or do you just know the job Name?

If you know the name, user, and number you can use the
com.ibm.as400.access.Job class.  Something like:

AS400 system = new AS400("mysystem", "myuser", "mypassword");
Job myJob = new Job(system, jobName, userName, jobNumber);
String status = job.getStatus();  // From memory, I believe this would
return *ACTIVE
String subsystem = job.getSubsystem();

If you only know this job's name, you might consider constructing an
RJobList object, retrieving
A list of all jobs by that name, and iterating through the list until
you find the job you are looking
For.  Something like:

AS400 system = new AS400("MYSYSTEM", "MYUSERID", "MYPASSWORD");
RJobList jobList = new RJobList(system);
jobList.setSelectionValue(RJobList.PRIMARY_JOB_STATUSES, new String[] {
RJob.JOB_STATUS_ACTIVE });
jobList.setSelectionValue(RJobList.JOB_NAME, "MYJOBNAME");
jobList.open();
jobList.waitForComplete();

long numberOfJobs = jobList.getListLength();
for(long i = 0; i < numberOfJobs; ++i)
{
  RJob job = (RJob)jobList.resourceAt(i);
  // process your job, i.e. check subsystem.
}

jobList.close();

I'm not sure off hand if you can set Subsystem as a selection criteria.
You may have to hand filter those by retrieving the subsystem from the
Rjob object.

Hope this helps, if I'm way off from what you are looking for just let
me know.

Tim