'ey Mike...

The <sql:*> series of tags are part of the JSP Standard Taglib Library (JSTL), the reference implementation for which was created by the good folks at Apache's Jakarta project. In order for these tags to work, you need to download the appropriate .jar files for the JSTL, configure them in your web application, and declare their use on any pages which use them. There's lots of information out there about how to use them, and most IDE that have webapp support will include tools for including tag libraries in your own applications.

There's nothing iSeries specific about working with the SQL JSTL tags -- it's just another JDBC datasource.

The Apache site has some good information about the Jakarta JSTL implementation; the "Getting Started" guide to the is located at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/standard/ GettingStarted.html

Java also has a page about the JSTL:

http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/

Both of these have links to other articles and resources...

take care.
tamas.