Thanks, Franco.

I was thinking along the same lines, so I tried telling it to run qsh and
then passed my command as a separate String argument, but I still can't get
it to work.

-Marty

------------------------------
date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:14:45 +0100
from: "Franco Biaggi" <fbiaggi@ticino.com>
subject: Re: runtime.exec()

Hi,
never tried on the AS/400, but I think you should start a runtime
environment linke CMD.EXE on Windows.

Ciao.

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 06:57:58 -0500, Urbanek, Marty wrote:

>How do I use runtime.exec() on iSeries? I've read several web articles but
>still don't undertand and can't get it to work.

>Let's say I want to do "ls >mylist.txt".

>Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
>Process proc = rt.exec("ls >mylist.txt");
>int exitVal = proc.waitFor();
>System.out.println("Process exitValue: " + exitVal);

>This prints out an exit value of zero, but the output file is not created
>and a spool file is created with a CEE0020:

>Message . . . . :   This job is about to end.

>Cause . . . . . :   The job is being terminated because the job is capable
>of
>  having multiple threads and the application has issued an exit(), abort()
>or
>  their equivalent APIs, an exception has occurred and is not being
handled,