From: jamesl@hb.quik.com [mailto:jamesl@hb.quik.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 9:14 AM
To: java400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Weird JavaMail problem

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:41:43 -0500 "Tim Kosacek" wrote:

> Have you set the
property "smtp.debug" to "true" to get debug
> information?  I'm not sure if
this will give any helpful information
> related to your problem, but it does
spit out a lot of debug info.

I've tried every variation of doing so from
the command line that I can think
of, with no change in the output
whatsoever. Not one line of debugging data. Is
there some trick to setting
this property, that I haven't managed to stumble
onto?

The "mail.jar" is
1.2. The Java on the system where it works is 1.1.7; on the
system where it
doesn't work, 1.1.6, 1.1.7, and 1.1.8 show up in a WRKLICPGM;
1.1.8 shows up
if I ask for the Java version in QSHELL. In both cases, I'm
using the JAVA
command from a CL command line.

The only other obvious difference is that
the system where it works is going
through the old AS/400 firewall, and
using SOCKS; the system where it doesn't
work, and my NT machine (where it
works fine) are going through a LINKSYS
router with firewall, without SOCKS.

--