Mark,

That version of Tomcat generally picks up xercesImpl 2.0.2 from the
common/endorsed/lib directory. What type of parser error are you
getting? I have run PCML with the Xerces 2.x and didn't have any
problems. You should be able to put x4j400.jar in your
WEB-INF/lib directory. It is also likely that the version of the W3
interface
is different so you will need to put the equivalent of xml-apis in
there also.
If you get signature errors with this setup, you can try putting the
xercesImpl
and xml-apis into server/lib.

David Morris

>>> MarkP@softlanding.com 11/08/02 09:51AM >>>
David,

Thanks for the reply.  I have seen some references on Ignite/400 list
that
you can run Tomcat 4.x with the built in support by using the
"out-of-process" option.  I know that Tomcat has a built-in server but
my
concern would be when someone has some existing CGI or Net.Data apps
running and want to add Tomcat into the mix.  Ideally Apache could
accept
all incoming HTTP requests and just route them appropriately.  Linking
another port isn't an option due to firewall restrictions.

I have another question that perhaps you can help with.

I have an existing web app that uses the Toolbox for JDBC and PCML.
It
runs fine on WebSphere 4.0.3.  I am trying to run it on Tomcat 4.1.12
and
get exceptions in the PCML due to parser issues.  I think it is a
class
loader issue that it is picking up the parsers from Tomcat instead of
using the older Xerces parser (x4j400.jar) that the toolbox normally
uses.
 I have tried the latest version of jtopen which is supposed to fix
this
but with no luck.

If I remove x4j400.jar from webapp/lib folder I get an error that it
cannot find the parser class.  If I add it back, then I get invalid
signature errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark