I wrote some exit programs that are used by both drivers that set the
library list (and user/group) if necessary. They look at an environment

variable and set the library list if necessary. This eliminated tons of

problems associated with hard-coding library lists (and identifying
users) in the dozens of places that those exits are used. One caveat
is that if you use one server (like Tomcat or WAS) and cache selected
information that may be tied to the library list, you need to ensure
that
the environment key is part of the cache key.

Overall, I found it was far less error prone to use the exits and
have a mechanism to set/select a current environment by user.

David Morris

>>> jlcalvo@adinet.com.uy 09/25/02 04:36PM >>>
Hi

    I am testing the use of the libraries properties in JDBC
connections to an AS/400 DB2.

    But jt400.jar (jtOpen 3.1) use the value *LIBL for define where the
libraries where put in the list (like using ADDLIBLE), if *LIBL isn't in
the "libraries" property, it change the list with the new values (like
using CHGLIBL), but the Native driver (db2_classes.jar OS/400 V5.1) not
have that behavior.

Is this correct?

    I want to use the CHGLIBL behavior in the Native driver.