On Wednesday, 09/18/2002 at 09:42 EST, "Joe Pluta"
<joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com> wrote:

> So, if you want to say that Java is faster than RPG, you must prove it.

...but if you are saying that RPG is faster, no proof is required:

On Tuesday, 09/17/2002 at 02:17 EST, "Joe Pluta"

--

I could use RPG to write a web-service query app, or a parallel data-mining
app, or a storefront/shopping-cart app.  I think I'd be crazy to do so, but

I could use Java to (re-)write my existing "core" business logic, even
though that logic is still correct.  I think I'd be crazy to do so, but
it's possible...

Heck, I could probably use MI assembler to rewrite my entire business, top
to bottom, and it might absolutely SCREAM at runtime.  I KNOW I'd be crazy
to even try it, but it's possible...

--

For the insides of a business, RPG and DDS are the awesome 1-2 punch behind
the best character-based interface in existance (e.g. "green-screen").

However, if you want to put an 'e-' in front of your business, Java is the
modern language to learn.

Of course, all IMHO.

-blair